Friday, May 6, 2011

UCI Canterbury




As the interim Chaplain is at Credo this week, I volunteered to go to UCI Canterbury last night to celebrate the Eucharist, have dinner, and chat with the students. Here is a picture that was posted on facebook of the group (not the best or biggest, but you get the idea.)




Two of the students had to leave right after dinner -- one was running to a midterm exam, the other to a rehearsal. I couldn't believe the young lady that was running to a midterm came to Canterbury before hand! She plays the piano for the group, and was very helpful to me during the service.




We had a great discussion during the service and during and after dinner. This is an incredibly talented group of young people. I felt privileged to be with them!




One of them, Jeff, is reorganizing the Orange County 20s/30s group. They are meeting on May 14th at 2:30 in Tustin at the district to plan activities, service projects, etc. -- and to see a movie after this discussion. I can get you in touch with Jeff if you'd like more information about this group for yourself or for members of your parish.




I wonder what I will find when I wander back to UCI Canterbury this fall? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment