Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hot time, summer in the City


I wandered over to St. Paul's in Pomona yesterday for the last of the Diocesan Budget discussions. People were placed into small groups and asked to talk about their dreams for the diocese -- and their priorities for the budget. It was a wonderful gathering -- more than 50 people were there, and this is July! LOTS of great ideas and thoughts were shared. Most gratifying was the fact that in this and the other 2 gatherings, so many of the priorities that we bishops heard were ones that had been identified -- and many of them we're working on already! It's nice to be " in sync!"

I couldn't help but fall in love with the sign outside St. Paul's front door -- which I am sharing with you in this blog.


We ARE a cool church -- not cool in the sense of the people are cold, or the temperature inside is cool due to air conditioning (although that's always nice!). We're cool because we have a wonderful story to tell -- it's the story of the love Christ has for us all, and in turn the love we spread in the communities around us and throughout the world. The Episcopal Church IS a cool place -- and I'm proud to be part of it in the Diocese of Los Angeles!

I'll be posting more in the next few days -- it's been a busy few weeks for me, and I'm playing catchup on my writing and my blogging. I have lots of stories to share, so get ready!
Blessings and love to all...and remember, we're cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment