Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 47: Back to Edinburgh

Woke to a cold and wet morning in Durham. During the night I could hear the clock at either the cathedral or the castle -- I'm not sure which -- chime. Beautiful!

We had a hot, delicious breakfast which warmed us up and got us ready for our trip back to Edinburgh. But first a walk in Durham:











We said goodbye to our B and B:

We headed out to the train station --

And after the just shy of two hour trim ride we were back in Edinburgh!

We dropped our bags off at Kew House and headed out.

I loved this window: be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons:

Md more interesting scenes from our walk--




And yes we found the Orvis store -- 




We met Matthew Davies for tea at a place called Tigerlily. Matt is an Episcopal church staff person who resides in Edinburgh with his family. He is kind and is a wealth of knowledge -- he gave us a wonderful suggestion for dinner! He also is a really nice man. It was great to spend some time with him.

We headed out again and continued our walk in the city: 









These closes were one of Steve's favorite things about Edinburgh the last time we were here:



We had an early dinner at Ondine -- delicious!

On the way back to the B and B we passed two interesting storefronts:

I like the 'we curry' at the bottom of the sign!

Back and packing. And re-packing!

I can't believe it's about to be over but at the same time I'm happy to be heading home.

Total steps: 14,083. 5.45 miles.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these adventures. I have been enchanted with every picture and every word. 3 months and 4 days til I get to be in my beloved Scotland. You have whetted my appetite Big Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm inspired reach me here in kenya,Afrika at buyamarach@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete