Saturday, July 7, 2012

BIG Day

Didn't get to sleep until almost midnight last night and then up at 5:30 this morning to meet up with a good friend from another diocese for breakfast.

Bishop Ken Price, Secretary for the HOB asked me as an Assistant Secretary to the House of Bishops to sit in for him on the dais this morning. This meant that I was invited to attend the morning meeting with Dispatch and the Secretary in the House of Bishops Secretariat. It was a thrill to be with this group, and humbling to be up on the Dais.

At 11:15 I was on the dais next to the Presiding Bishop and the meeting began. With just a few flubs I was able to perform the duties of Secretary. Next time I will know how to order my papers in a better way. It is very much a detail-oriented assignment, and the Presiding Bishop is a joy to work with. I will note that when I made the announcements some of the Bishops giggled at my New Jersey accent. We good heartedly laughed together. I can tell that they will need to have further training and/or exposure to "jersey-eeze".

While on the dais I received word that I was elected to be a Trustee of the Church Pension Fund by the House of Deputies. I am humbled and honored by this election. The House of Bishops must concur -- I'm praying that goes well.

I was able to enjoy a VERY quick lunch with my husband, Bob Williams, Janet Kawamoto and Pat McCaughn. It is always good to be with them and to catch our breath a bit.

Back to the HOB after lunch during which we dealt with varied resolutions.

At the end of the meeting I attended the meeting of Dispatch. What an incredible group of people that come together to make sure everything runs smoothly on the floor of the House of Bishops -- and on the dais. I can attest to the dedication and hard work of everyone involved!

At 7:00pm I attended the reception honoring Bishop Barahona of El Salvador and Cristosal. What a joy to be  with my brother Bishop and so many gathered to see him and be with people who support the incredible ministry in El Salvador! Bishop Mary and I were happy to be the hosts from the Diocese of  Los Angeles for this wonderful event.

In addition, Diocesan Staff Member Petra Barragan (there at the request of the ECW) was at the reception for Bishop Barahona.. Another picture of friends new and old are down below. At the end of this evening I had the opportunity to talk with Bishop Bruno -- he sounds WONDERFUL!  -- and it was so good to speak with him. I am so blessed to be a Bishop Suffragan in the Diocese of  Los Angeles -- and I thank you all for your love and support.

Please continue to pray for Bishop Bruno, our Diocese and this General Convention.

I wonder after this most amazing day what else might I wander into tomorrow?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment